It was created by some friends who were tired of carrying heavy beach games with them so made their own. Once people saw them playing this it evolved from their own DIY version to making a real product and business out of it. The TidalBall beach game is lightweight, portable, and comes with a waterproof bag. Let’s take you through the rules of the TidalBall Beach Game and we even added on our own drinking game rules!
How to Setup TidalBall Beach Game
The scoring area is designed to look a lot like horseshoes. Instead of a pole in the center you dig a hole and instead of the pit (wooden box) you build trench behind it to catch the balls. The distance between the two holes is about 10 paces or 30 feet to be exact. With this the holes are 4 inches in diameter. The trench is designed to catch the balls but also actually gives you points if it lands in it so looks like a half circle. You can make the trench as big as you want but we would suggest 3 feet in total or about 1.5 feet on either side of the hole. Refill your favorite drink and get ready for the TidalBall Beach Game!
• TidalBall is a 4-player beach game with 2 team of 2 players each.
• Partners sit at opposite sides and alternate tossing after each round
• Each team has 3 TidalBalls per round and alternate after each throw with other team until all 6 TidalBalls are thrown
• Score 3 Points for landing (and staying) direct in the hole. 1 Point for landing in the trench.
• Points cancel out (like in Cornhole) so if you get 4 and they get 3, that is 1 point for the round.
• Winning team to decide who takes the first roll for next game
• Losing team must complete their (if the bet was made) as explained below.
What is Included in Tidalball
We give TidalBall Team a Virtual HIGH FIVE for is the design of the balls. When they were first playing they used golf balls, but they were too heavy and left divots. With this they came up with a lighter well-made wood design for the balls that float. This way they are heavy enough to roll and wont leave marks and divots playing area. Hopefully, you will see TidalBall rolling all around beaches near you!
TidalBall Drinking Game Rules
• After each round the losing player must have 1 drink per point they lost
• If you miss all the hole or trench have 1 drink
• You must always have 1 drink in the hand, if you are caught without, take a drink
• Losing team must have 3 drinks
• Losing Team must complete the punishment promptly
TidalBall is one of the best games we have ever played at the beach, mostly due to being so simple. There’s not huge equipment or bag of games to lug around, it’s very portable.
And it takes the beach game to a whole new level actually setting up the playing court in the sand.
You can find Tidalball on our 20+ Beach Games for Adults list. The important thing to note is that if you do not have a large area of hard sand to play or live near an ocean then it may not be right for you.
The game comes with a waterproof bag, the balls float, beer koozies, and everything you need. Get the latest price for own TidalBall game and we will see you rolling around a beach near you!
Game title: How to Play TidalBall
Game description: TidalBall is beach game that combines the best aspects of Bocce, Cornhole, and Horseshoes all in 1. The TidalBall beach game is lightweight, portable, and comes with a waterproof bag. This Outdoor Game is designed specifically for the beach!
Ease to Learn
Playing in Groups