What is King’s Cup Drinking Card Game?
Kings Cup is known as the best drinking card game ever created! It is the party drinking game that can be played with only a deck of cards. Players take turns picking cards where each card requires an action or challenge. Kings Cup game goes by other names such Circle of Death, Ring of Fire, Waterfall, Kings, or Just Kings. You can call the Kings drinking card game by whatever name you want. It is designed to get all the players drunk, and it does a really good job. We will take you through how to play, the official Kings rules, and where to buy it.
How to Play Kings Cup Drinking Game
Just like a deck of cards, there are 52 cards in a deck, with 4 suits, and 13 different cards. Write down on a piece of paper the different cards ( Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King). Each one of these will require a specific action or rule. You can make up your own or use our PDF download below (like us on Facebook first) so you don’t have to write them all out by hand. Keep reading for details on each rule.
Kings Cup Drinking Rules
Here are the Card Values:
- Ace – Waterfall *
- 2 – Give away 2 Drinks
- 3 – Three For Me (Take 3)
- 4 – Touch The Floor Drinks *
- 5 – Girls Drink 1
- 6 – Guys Drink 1
- 7- Raise Hand to Heaven *
- 8 – Choose a Mate*
- 9 – Rhyme Card*
- 10 – Never Have I Ever
- Jack – Make a Rule*
- Queen – Questions*
- King – Kings Cup*
See below for more info on *
Card Rule Definitions:
- Aces are for Waterfalls – The player that draws the Ace will begin to drink, then the person to their left starts, then the next person until everyone is drinking. You do not stop until the person to your right does.
- Two is for you – This means that you point to someone and say “you” and they will have to drink 2.
- Three is for me – Draw 3 and you take 3 drinks.
- 4 is touch the floor – Last person with their hand down on the floor must take a 1 drink.
- Five is for the guys – All men take 1 manly drink.
- Six is for the chicks – All women take a superwoman sized drink .
- 7 and raise your hand to heaven – Everyone at the table must put both hands in the air as quickly as possible. Last one to do so must drink.
- 8 Choose a Mate – Choose a mate to drink with you card. For every drink you take, they take, until another 8 is pulled. This excludes the Kings Cup
- 9 is time to say a rhyme Card – The player who draws this card starts by saying a word everyone must rhyme too. Do not be a dick and say orange, but something like “why” is a good start. Why, sly, ply, fly, got it? The person who fails to think of rhyme in 5 seconds or repeats a word already said must drink.
- 10 is categories – The player who drew the card chooses a category and everyone says something that fits the description. Good categories include sex positions, brands of beer, chocolate bars, big booty chicks. For example, for types of beer starts with the person to the left of the player that drew the card and says, budweiser. After this it goes around kokanee, heineken, becks, etc. until someone can not think of anything in this category (or within 5 seconds) and must drink.
- Jack a rule in – When a player draws a jack, they get to make up a rule that must be followed for the rest of the game. Some example rules may be that nobody can swear, say names, no drinking with right hand, nominating jimmy as beer bitch, starting all words with hashtags, or that only Justin Bieber songs can be played for the rest of the game. Any player who breaks the rule (each time) must have a penalty drink. My favorite rule, is that everytime you take a drink you must take your monkey off the cup before and after your drink.
- Queen loves questions – The player who picks this card starts by asking a question. Going around the circle each person must answer their question with a question. For example, the first question may be what is my favorite drink? The next person may say “are you talking about beers” or “I forget don’t you like palm bays?” It goes around until someone is not able to answer the question or takes more then 5 seconds to start. Plus, if it is not a valid question or just plain stupid call out your fellow players to drink.
- King is for the king’s cup – It is fine to draw a king, but make sure you are not drawing the fourth king in the deck. The first 3 players to draw a king pour whatever they are drinking into the cup in the center of the table. We play max 1 shot or 1/3 beer, so it is not too ridiculous. When the fourth king is drawn, this poor bastard most drink the rest of the shit mix signalling the end of the game. Drink it with pride then put your crown on your head.